Briarcliff Church is committed to pouring into pastors for the next generation through seminary internships and our post-graduate residency program. Our goal is to be a key part of a pastor’s preparation for ministry through all-of-life discipleship of young pastors. This holistic approach focuses on theological application in everyday ministry, relational dynamics, pastoral care, pastoral longevity and health and leadership preparation.
requirements and expectations
Briarcliff Church desires to select students with “integrity of heart and skillful hands” (Psalm 78:70-72) to participate in internship and/or residency programs. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to following Christ, ministry leadership ability, a heart for serving the local church, and academic excellence. Application timelines and details for both programs are outlined below.
Are you interested?
Here are the next steps.
If you are interested in the internship or residency programs, your next step is completion of the respective application process through one of the following pathways:
MBTS Timothy Track Candidates
For incoming, residential students pursuing a MDiv you may be interested in the benefits and experience of MBTS’s internship program: Timothy Track. This program provides immediate connection with leadership at MBTS and the local church. As a Timothy Track partner, Briarcliff facilitates the ministry experience that closely parallels your academic studies. You may learn more and apply to be a Timothy Track candidate by visiting mbts.edu/timothytrack.
Briarcliff Church Pastoral Internships
Students starting or continuing MDiv work may apply for the pastoral internship. Applications are due one month before the start of the student’s academic semester. Please send completed applications (and any questions) to Tim Armitage.
Briarcliff Church Pastoral Residency
The application process for the pastoral residency is similar to the pastoral internship. Either program has high personal, academic and pastoral expectations. However, the timeline for the Pastoral Residency involves added length and complexity due to the nature of the program. The only prerequisite to apply to the residency program is current full-time enrollment in an MDiv program. All applicants must submit an application three full academic semesters before anticipated graduation date. Please send completed applications (and any questions) to Tim Armitage.
Thank you for your interest in the Briarcliff Church Pastoral Internship and/or Residency Programs. We are delighted that you have chosen to take the next step and apply. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us for further clarification.
Please create your application document with the following details. Documents should be single-spaced and not exceed five pages in length. Email the final document to Tim Armitage at Briarcliff Church.
Please note: The application guidelines and questions for the internship and residency are similar. Applicant for either program must answer all questions unless otherwise noted. Questions marked with an asterisk -- including the MBTS professorial recommendation -- are to be completed by residency applicants only.
- Your Name
- Spouses’ Name & Children’s Names (if applicable)
- Phone Number(s)
- Preferred Email Contact
- Current GPA in MDiv program*
- Anticipated Graduation Date*
- Which program you are applying for
- Tell us about your journey of faith.
- How have you been involved in your local church – past and present?
- What is something you have learned recently from your devotional study of the Bible?
- Read any good books lately? Tell us about one or two of them. (Exclude the Bible on this answer.)
- What do you like to do for fun?
- List your educational background including areas of emphasis and GPAs
- Tell us about any awards you have received throughout your educational experience.
- List your work experience. You may supplement this answer with a résumé.
- In what ways have you or are you currently demonstrating leadership?
- How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your current area of focus in the MDiv program?
- Tell us about your sense of calling. Where and how do you sense God is directing you to serve him?
Finalists will be invited to Briarcliff Church for a second interview.