Lent is a season of the liturgical calendar when believers take time to consider their sin and position themselves toward the cross as recipients of God’s amazing grace. Lent starts on Ash Wednesday, February 17th, and ends on Easter Sunday, April 4th. Lent can be practiced by fasting, family discipleship, individual study, group studies, and more. The purpose of the Lenten season is to allow space for you to be impacted by the events of Easter at a deeper level. It is about practicing spiritual disciplines to deepen your relationship with God.
We have collected some resources on Lent in hopes that you will find something that connects to where you are in your walk with Christ and your desired level of engagement. Below you will find a variety of ways to learn more about Lent and resources that will take you through Lent.
These are two resources that we think would be great for you to use as family discipleship time through the season of Lent. We think you will like them too -- drop by and check them out! We will also have some available for purchase at the church.
Jesus Storybook Bible – Lent Guide SLJ
This is a free guide that is designed to be used with the Jesus Storybook Bible.
It is a reading plan that is interactive and walks your family
through stories in the JSB leading up to Easter.
It has a few extra fun elements as well.
Visit the Sally-Llyod Jones website for your free copy
of the guide or pick one up at church.
The Wonder of Easter by Ed Drew
This family devotional book will walk you through
Scripture readings 5 days a week through the season of Lent.
There are questions for kids of different ages and
a suggested activity for each day of the study.
Additional lent Resources
- Journey To The Cross by Paul David Tripp
- Uncovering the Love of Jesus by Asheritah Ciuciu
- The Wonder of Easter by Ed Drew
- Mission Accomplished – A Two-Week Family Easter Devotional – Scott James
- She Reads Truth Lent Bundle
- He Reads Truth Lent Bundle
- The Lent Experience - Eric Ferris
- What it Lent? – Matt Chandler
- Why Do We Fast During Lent – Matt Chandler
- The Crucifixion of Jesus: Luke 19-23 – The Bible Project
- The Resurrection of Jesus: Luke 24-Like-Acts – The Bible Project
- Sacrifice & Atonement Biblical Theme – The Bible Project
- Lent 101 – The Village Church